Sunday 17 March 2013

Forgetful fingers

Another week and I'm afraid it is again my sad duty to write a depressing post about things having gone wrong, or to be more specific, not having gone right. Bowling in the nets today I again had the same problem as last week, not quite as bad but debilitating nevertheless. It essentially consists of my fingers having forgotten what it is they're supposed to be doing in releasing the ball. Everything else is fine, but the ball just seems to slip out of my hand without that feeling of rip just as I release the ball. Its such an annoying problem, especially as normal nets with batsmen is almost the worst place to work through a resolution. Given an empty net and a bag of balls I could probably get it sorted in a single evening, but as it is I've lost two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment